? Cool Title, but what’s the news?
If we analyze the various news pertaining to the banks’ holidays and bank strike announced, then indeed, banks can remain closed for 5-6 straight days.
? Okay, but what does it mean?
The United Forum of Reserve Bank Officers and Employees has already declared that all employees and officers of various public banks will take a mass-casual leave on September 4th and 5th.
- September 1st, is the first Saturday of the month. Now, 1st and 3rd Saturdays are working, but in some states, banks can remain closed on September 1st.
- September 2nd is Sunday.
- September 3rd is Krishna Janmashtmi, a relatively big festival, especially in North India.
- Hence, banks will be closed.
- On September 4th and 5th, various bank employee unions have announced a massive strike.
- This means that in some locations, banks can remain close between September 1st and 5th.
? Why should I care?
If this turns out to be true, we believe that it is our moral duty to inform as many people as possible so that they can prepare well in advance for the possibility of banks remaining closed for the next 5-6 days
If not, then it’s better safe than to be sorry!